Wednesday 12 May 2010

The Biggest Card


Yesterday was my DIL Susan's 30th birthday and my son asked me to make her a special card from him. I had previously bought this gorgeous Kanban art deco lady card kit from QVC and it had a couple of really big A3 size cards. I have never made such a big card before. There were quite a few layers which I was able to shape and decoupage using silicone glue. Unfortunately my photography doesn't show this, but believe me, it's even nicer in real life!!
The insert due to its size, wasn't able to be printed out the normal way in my verse editor, so I typed it into word, resized and printed it onto A4 size paper. I then used a Kreaxtions punch for the top 2 corners and Martha Stewart punch for the bottom border. This was then backed on to black card which really made the design pop.

The lovely handbag card was printed from a CD which was made by a very talented lady called Wendy. You can get this CD along with many other designs and some downloads from her website www.theclipartfairy.com It's well worth a visit and tomorrow she's releasing a brand new CD on book easel cards- these have to be seen as my description wouldn't do them justice!

The handbag was printed on white linen card which gave a lovely texture. I then decided to make a handbag charm to help decorate it. I used what I had lying in my craft box and was delighted with the result.
I got a phone call from Susan to say she was very pleased with the cards, so that made me happy. (I know it doesn't take much!! LOL)

Have a good day whatever you're planning to do.

Hugs,
Trish x

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What can I say? The handbag card is adorable,love the pink! And the charms are a perfect finish. What a beautiful, fun card.
    The art deco lady is stunning! Very elegant and stylish. Two very different cards and both simply gorgeous.
    Hope you're feeling better today.
    Take Care Trish
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete